Sunday, May 17, 2015

Baymax gift wrap

Not much to report in the sewing arena this weekend, since our family is battling a stomach virus and Mom, as the only one not ill, has been playing nursemaid to the rest of the family.  However, I just wrapped up a few gifts for some events, and thought I would share a quick Baymax gift wrap idea.


Our family is, of course, obsessed with Big Hero 6.  I'd like to blame it all on the kids, but it is a cute movie and I haven't exactly discouraged marathoning it in my presence.

We've been doing some Baymax-themed things around the house lately.  My eldest daughter made her own Perler bead pattern that turned out really cute, both girls have squandered their allowances and ordered their Baymax Tsum Tsums (am I the only parent out there who has never heard of those?!), and even my little guy, when he's sick, has been requesting Baymax.  It breaks my heart that I can't offer him one to help him feel better.

So when I needed gift wrap for an upcoming birthday party for a Big Hero 6 fan and I couldn't find themed wrapping paper, I thought it couldn't be too difficult to make something, since Baymax is so simple.  I didn't take many pictures because I wasn't planning on sharing, but as you can see, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Baymax gift wrap
Our Baymax gifts.

All I did was buy a 96-cent white tablecloth (the store didn't carry any white wrapping paper or white gift bags), which was enough to wrap many more gifts than this, even after doubling it so you couldn't see right through it.  I wrapped it in the white and used white curling ribbon to match.  I then used my 1 1/4-inch circle punch to punch circles out of my black chalkboard contact paper that I keep on hands for a million strange projects.  A tiny strip of the contact paper connects the eyes.  You could easily hand-cut them out of paper and glue them on, but I'm lazy.  ;)

I love how they turned out.  As a little extra, we made a personalized key chain as a gift tag.

Baymax keychain
Baymax keychain
Pikachu necklace
Pikachu necklace
And then, of course, I was informed at the last minute that it was actually a dual birthday party for a brother and sister.  This is why I keep a gift tote in my closet that I fill up with random toys and gifts at mega clearance sales.  My daughter dug through and found an Angry Birds board game, and we made her a personalized Pikachu necklace.  If you keep the supplies for these necklaces on hand, you can whip one up in about five minutes, and they're always a hit with the kids.  The kids who especially love them are the ones with unusual names, since they don't get a lot of personalized items.

I hope this gives you some ideas for your upcoming Big Hero 6 event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback! I will try to get back to you shortly.